Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Seadrill ( SDRL) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Seadrill fell $0.73 (-2.2%) to $33.13 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,816,094 shares of Seadrill exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,863,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $33.08-$34.00 after having opened the day at $33.99 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.86. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: James River Coal Company ( JRCC), down 12.9%, Agnico Eagle Mines ( AEM), down 8.6%, Comstock Mining ( LODE), down 5.2% and Compressco Partners ( GSJK), down 5.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Seadrill Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.