Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. HDFC Bank ( HDB) pushed the Banking industry lower today making it today's featured Banking laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, HDFC Bank fell $0.42 (-1.0%) to $40.25 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,715,032 shares of HDFC Bank exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,246,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $39.88-$41.05 after having opened the day at $40.94 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $40.67. Other companies within the Banking industry that declined today were: Southwest Georgia Financial Corporation ( SGB), down 4.6%, Guaranty Federal ( GFED), down 4.5%, Polonia Bancorp ( PBCP), down 4.4% and First West Virginia Bancorp ( FWV), down 4.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full HDFC Bank Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.