Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Host Hotels & Resorts ( HST) pushed the Real Estate industry higher today making it today's featured real estate winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Host Hotels & Resorts rose $0.54 (2.6%) to $21.03 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 11,159,701 shares of Host Hotels & Resorts exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,877,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $20.62-$21.03 after having opened the day at $20.68 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $20.49. Other companies within the Real Estate industry that increased today were: E-House China Holdings ( EJ), up 9.2%, Icahn ( IEP), up 8.3%, IFM Investments ( CTC), up 6.8% and QTS Realty ( QTS), up 5.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Host Hotels & Resorts Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.