Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. American Express ( AXP) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, American Express rose $1.36 (1.6%) to $87.40 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,984,090 shares of American Express exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,911,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $86.48-$87.48 after having opened the day at $86.84 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $86.04. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: Interactive Brokers Group ( IBKR), up 11.7%, E-House China Holdings ( EJ), up 9.2%, Fauquier Bankshares ( FBSS), up 8.8% and Icahn ( IEP), up 8.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full American Express Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.