Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Chevron ( CVX) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.0%. By the end of trading, Chevron rose $1.53 (1.3%) to $121.83 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7,229,171 shares of Chevron exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,674,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $120.90-$122.12 after having opened the day at $120.90 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $120.30. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: Sonde Resources ( SOQ), up 9.5%, FX Energy ( FXEN), up 8.0%, Dejour Energy ( DEJ), up 7.4% and Penn Virginia Corporation ( PVA), up 7.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Chevron Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.