Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Nike ( NKE) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, Nike rose $0.82 (1.1%) to $73.10 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,283,819 shares of Nike exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,203,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $72.50-$73.18 after having opened the day at $72.84 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $72.28. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: China XD Plastics ( CXDC), up 15.9%, Manchester United ( MANU), up 10.4%, Icahn ( IEP), up 8.3% and SodaStream International ( SODA), up 8.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Nike Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.