- Rental revenue (which includes owned equipment rental revenue, re-rent revenue and ancillary items) increased 9.7% year-over-year. Within rental revenue, owned equipment rental revenue increased 9.1%, reflecting year-over-year increases of 7.6% in the volume of equipment on rent and 4.3% in rental rates. The company has reaffirmed its outlook for a full-year increase in rental rates of approximately 4%, and full year total revenue in a range of $5.45 billion to $5.65 billion.
- Adjusted EBITDA was $519 million and adjusted EBITDA margin was a first quarter record 44.1%, an increase of $68 million and 310 basis points, respectively, from the same period last year. The company has reaffirmed its outlook for full year adjusted EBITDA in a range of $2.55 billion to $2.65 billion, and it currently expects to be near the top of that range.
- Time utilization increased 40 basis points year-over-year to 64.6%. The company has reaffirmed its outlook for full year time utilization of approximately 68.5%.
- The company generated $110 million of proceeds from used equipment sales at an adjusted gross margin of 49.1%, compared with $123 million and 43.9% for the same period last year. 3
- Flow-through, which represents the year-over-year change in adjusted EBITDA divided by the year-over-year change in total revenue, was 87.2% for the quarter.
|1.||Adjusted EPS is a non-GAAP measure that excludes the impact of the following special items: (i) merger related costs; (ii) restructuring charge; (iii) asset impairment charge; (iv) impact on interest expense related to fair value adjustment of acquired RSC indebtedness; (v) impact on depreciation related to acquired RSC fleet and property and equipment; (vi) impact of the fair value mark-up of acquired RSC fleet; (vii) RSC merger related intangible asset amortization and (viii) loss on repurchase/redemption of debt securities and retirement of subordinated convertible debentures. See table below for amounts.|
|2.||Adjusted EBITDA is a non-GAAP measure that excludes the impact of the following special items: (i) merger related costs; (ii) restructuring charge; (iii) impact of the fair-value mark up of acquired RSC fleet; and (iv) stock compensation expense, net. See table below for amounts.|
|3.||Adjusted used equipment gross margins exclude the impact of the fair value mark-up of acquired RSC fleet that was sold.|