The satellite radio company announced today it will run special programming for the 2014 National Basketball Association playoffs.
Programs will include game day play-by-play as well as interviews with NBA players both past and present.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 10 Favorite Growth Stocks
TheStreet Ratings team rates SIRIUS XM HOLDINGS INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate SIRIUS XM HOLDINGS INC (SIRI) a BUY. This is driven by a number of strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- SIRI's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 4.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.1%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $358.58 million or 22.28% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -11.57%.
- The gross profit margin for SIRIUS XM HOLDINGS INC is rather high; currently it is at 60.37%. Regardless of SIRI's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 6.51% trails the industry average.
- SIRIUS XM HOLDINGS INC's earnings per share declined by 50.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SIRIUS XM HOLDINGS INC reported lower earnings of $0.06 versus $0.53 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.09 versus $0.06).
- Even though the current debt-to-equity ratio is 1.31, it is still below the industry average, suggesting that this level of debt is acceptable within the Media industry. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 0.12 is very low and demonstrates very weak liquidity.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: SIRI Ratings Report