Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. ARIAD Pharmaceuticals ( ARIA) pushed the Health Care sector lower today making it today's featured Health Care laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.2%. By the end of trading, ARIAD Pharmaceuticals fell $0.33 (-4.7%) to $6.69 on average volume. Throughout the day, 17,621,627 shares of ARIAD Pharmaceuticals exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 19,029,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $6.23-$7.05 after having opened the day at $7.02 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $7.02. Other companies within the Health Care sector that declined today were: Transition Therapeutics ( TTHI), down 30.6%, Auspex Pharmaceuticals ( ASPX), down 19.1%, uniQure ( QURE), down 18.5% and Tekmira Pharmaceuticals Corporation ( TKMR), down 14.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full ARIAD Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.