Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Encana ( ECA) pushed the Energy industry lower today making it today's featured Energy laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Encana fell $0.31 (-1.4%) to $22.33 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6,764,503 shares of Encana exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,472,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $22.29-$23.06 after having opened the day at $22.64 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $22.64. Other companies within the Energy industry that declined today were: Houston American Energy Corporation ( HUSA), down 8.9%, Camac Energy ( CAK), down 6.4%, Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Company Limi ( SHI), down 6.2% and Dejour Energy ( DEJ), down 6.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Encana Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.