Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Union Pacific ( UNP) pushed the Transportation industry higher today making it today's featured transportation winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Union Pacific rose $3.43 (1.9%) to $185.53 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3,264,051 shares of Union Pacific exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,105,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $182.29-$185.84 after having opened the day at $182.42 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $182.10. Other companies within the Transportation industry that increased today were: Newlead Holdings ( NEWL), up 17.6%, Providence & Worcester Railroad Company ( PWX), up 5.6%, Golar LNG ( GLNG), up 5.4% and Teekay Tankers ( TNK), up 4.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Union Pacific Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.