Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Louisiana-Pacific ( LPX) pushed the Materials & Construction industry higher today making it today's featured materials & construction winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, Louisiana-Pacific rose $0.21 (1.4%) to $15.35 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 4,601,868 shares of Louisiana-Pacific exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,724,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $14.74-$15.37 after having opened the day at $15.19 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $15.14. Other companies within the Materials & Construction industry that increased today were: Vertex Energy ( VTNR), up 3.1%, Primoris Services Corporation ( PRIM), up 2.1%, Tile Shop Holdings ( TTS), up 2.1% and Headwaters ( HW), up 2.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Louisiana-Pacific Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.