Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Praxair ( PX) pushed the Chemicals industry higher today making it today's featured chemicals winner. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Praxair rose $1.93 (1.5%) to $129.19 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,610,306 shares of Praxair exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,306,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $127.29-$129.28 after having opened the day at $127.51 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $127.26. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that increased today were: BioFuel Energy Corporation ( BIOF), up 9.9%, Penford Corporation ( PENX), up 4.4%, Axiall ( AXLL), up 3.4% and Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan ( POT), up 3.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Praxair Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.