Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. ConocoPhillips ( COP) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, ConocoPhillips rose $1.43 (2.0%) to $72.94 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7,544,351 shares of ConocoPhillips exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,659,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $71.29-$73.02 after having opened the day at $71.47 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $71.51. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: FX Energy ( FXEN), up 19.1%, General Moly ( GMO), up 10.2%, BioFuel Energy Corporation ( BIOF), up 9.9% and Midstates Petroleum ( MPO), up 6.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full ConocoPhillips Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.