- VIPS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $214.3 million.
- VIPS is up 3.9% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in VIPS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for VIPS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on VIPS: Vipshop Holdings Limited, through its subsidiaries, operates as an online discount retailer for various brands in the People's Republic of China. VIPS has a PE ratio of 135.4. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Vipshop Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Vipshop Holdings has been 1.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Vipshop has a market cap of $7.5 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. Shares are up 61.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Vipshop Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- VIPS's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 8.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 117.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 258.33% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 387.16% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, VIPS should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- VIPSHOP HOLDINGS LTD -ADR reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, VIPSHOP HOLDINGS LTD -ADR turned its bottom line around by earning $0.91 versus -$0.19 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.45 versus $0.91).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Internet & Catalog Retail industry. The net income increased by 300.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $6.35 million to $25.40 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Internet & Catalog Retail industry and the overall market, VIPSHOP HOLDINGS LTD -ADR's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Vipshop Holdings Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.