The bump follows the company's announcement that it was pushing back its fiscal year 2014 earnings call as it accounts for the impact of its investment in Caliber Midstream Partners, L.P.
The company consulted with its independent auditor which stated that Triangle Petroleum should realize a gain from the investment in fiscal year 2014.
The company rescheduled its earnings call for Thursday April 17 at 8:30 pm.
TheStreet Ratings team rates TRIANGLE PETROLEUM CORP as a Hold with a ratings score of C. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate TRIANGLE PETROLEUM CORP (TPLM) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed - some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that we feel that the company's cash flow from its operations has been weak overall."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- TPLM's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 7.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 318.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- TRIANGLE PETROLEUM CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, TRIANGLE PETROLEUM CORP continued to lose money by earning -$0.30 versus -$0.78 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.57 versus -$0.30).
- TPLM's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.63 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Despite the fact that TPLM's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 1.64 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 2100.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 31.00% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, however, we cannot assume that the stock's past performance is going to drive future results. Quite to the contrary, its sharp appreciation over the last year is one of the factors that should prompt investors to seek better opportunities elsewhere.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to -$15.69 million or 21.43% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow of 21.43%, TRIANGLE PETROLEUM CORP is in line with the industry average cash flow growth rate of -23.28%.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: TPLM Ratings Report