Customer benefits include:
- Expansion of the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 High-Touch Beta Program to include Docker container technologies. Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 is currently in beta and is targeted to be a Red Hat certified container host, with Docker as a primary supported container format.
- Red Hat certification of Dockerized applications: As announced previously, Red Hat plans to extend its ecosystem to include certified applications built as Docker Containers.
- Broad Docker integration with OpenShift: Application containers in OpenShift will be integrated with Docker and support Red Hat certified ISV applications packaged in the Docker container format. These same containerized applications will also be supported on other Red Hat products.
- Complementary support services: In addition to the support provided with Red Hat subscription services, customers will be able to leverage developer support services from Docker, Inc. when Docker 1.0 is released.
- Docker JumpStart Program for Red Hat customers: Docker plans to announce a special starter program for organizations looking to create pilot projects around the use of Docker in conjunction with Red Hat Enterprise Linux and OpenShift. The program will offer Docker on Red Hat Enterprise Linux training, architectural review, installation support for Docker Registry, and Docker Commercial support.
- Contributions from more than 400 developers;
- More than 1.4 million downloads;
- More than 9,000 “Dockerized” applications in Docker’s public index; and
- A boom in community activity, with more than 80 meetup groups in 30 countries.
For more information
- Learn more about Docker
- Learn more about OpenShift by Red Hat
- More about Red Hat Summit
- Follow updates from Red Hat Summit Twitter at @RedHatSummit or #RHSummit
- Visit our online press kit for additional resources from Red Hat Summit 2014
- Engage with Red Hat Summit on Facebook
- Learn more about Red Hat
- Get more Red Hat news or subscribe to the Red Hat news RSS feed
- Follow Red Hat on Twitter
- Join Red Hat on Facebook
- Watch Red Hat videos on YouTube
- Join Red Hat on Google±
Docker, Inc. is a venture backed by Greylock Partners (Jerry Chen), Benchmark (Peter Fenton), Trinity Ventures (Dan Scholnick), AME Cloud Ventures (Yahoo! Founder Jerry Yang), Insight Venture Partners, Y Combinator, and SV Angel (Ron Conway).About Red Hat, Inc. Red Hat is the world's leading provider of open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to reliable and high-performing cloud, Linux, middleware, storage and virtualization technologies. Red Hat also offers award-winning support, training, and consulting services. As the connective hub in a global network of enterprises, partners, and open source communities, Red Hat helps create relevant, innovative technologies that liberate resources for growth and prepare customers for the future of IT. Learn more at http://www.redhat.com. Forward-Looking Statements Certain statements contained in this press release may constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements provide current expectations of future events based on certain assumptions and include any statement that does not directly relate to any historical or current fact. Actual results may differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements as a result of various important factors, including: risks related to delays or reductions in information technology spending; the effects of industry consolidation; the ability of the Company to compete effectively; the integration of acquisitions and the ability to market successfully acquired technologies and products; uncertainty and adverse results in litigation and related settlements; the inability to adequately protect Company intellectual property and the potential for infringement or breach of license claims of or relating to third party intellectual property; the ability to deliver and stimulate demand for new products and technological innovations on a timely basis; risks related to data and information security vulnerabilities; ineffective management of, and control over, the Company's growth and international operations; fluctuations in exchange rates; and changes in and a dependence on key personnel, as well as other factors contained in our most recent Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q (copies of which may be accessed through the Securities and Exchange Commission's website at http://www.sec.gov), including those found therein under the captions "Risk Factors" and "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations". In addition to these factors, actual future performance, outcomes, and results may differ materially because of more general factors including (without limitation) general industry and market conditions and growth rates, economic and political conditions, governmental and public policy changes and the impact of natural disasters such as earthquakes and floods. The forward-looking statements included in this press release represent the Company's views as of the date of this press release and these views could change. However, while the Company may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future, the Company specifically disclaims any obligation to do so. These forward-looking statements should not be relied upon as representing the Company's views as of any date subsequent to the date of this press release. Red Hat, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and the Shadowman logo are trademarks of Red Hat, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Linux® is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.