- GOLD has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $52.1 million.
- GOLD traded 124,713 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:27 AM, representing 19% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GOLD with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GOLD NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GOLD: Randgold Resources Limited explores and develops gold deposits in Sub-Saharan Africa. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.2%. GOLD has a PE ratio of 22.1. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Randgold Resources a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Randgold Resources has been 805,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Randgold has a market cap of $7.2 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. Shares are up 23.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Randgold Resources as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 57.56% to $209.79 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, RANDGOLD RESOURCES LTD has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -39.72%.
- 47.75% is the gross profit margin for RANDGOLD RESOURCES LTD which we consider to be strong. Regardless of GOLD's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, GOLD's net profit margin of 27.79% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- GOLD's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.00 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.95 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- RANDGOLD RESOURCES LTD's earnings per share declined by 33.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, RANDGOLD RESOURCES LTD reported lower earnings of $2.99 versus $4.65 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.44 versus $2.99).
- GOLD, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 7.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 16.2%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Randgold Resources Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.