Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. J.C. Penney ( JCP) pushed the Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Retail laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, J.C. Penney fell $0.09 (-1.2%) to $7.61 on light volume. Throughout the day, 11,989,983 shares of J.C. Penney exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 27,414,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $7.53-$7.98 after having opened the day at $7.95 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $7.70. Other companies within the Retail industry that declined today were: China Nepstar Chain Drugstore ( NPD), down 3.8%, Cache ( CACH), down 3.7%, Alon Blue Square Israel ( BSI), down 3.6% and Wet Seal ( WTSL), down 3.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full J.C. Penney Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.