Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Tesla Motors ( TSLA) pushed the Automotive industry lower today making it today's featured Automotive laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Tesla Motors fell $5.69 (-2.8%) to $198.09 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7,653,103 shares of Tesla Motors exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9,796,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $194.41-$208.44 after having opened the day at $207.60 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $203.78. Other companies within the Automotive industry that declined today were: Spartan Motors ( SPAR), down 3.3%, Icahn ( IEP), down 3.1%, LKQ Corporation ( LKQ), down 2.7% and Douglas Dynamics ( PLOW), down 1.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Tesla Motors Ratings Report.
- Use our automotive section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.