Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. CenturyLink ( CTL) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, CenturyLink rose $0.53 (1.6%) to $33.88 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,963,130 shares of CenturyLink exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,839,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $33.41-$33.90 after having opened the day at $33.53 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.35. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: GTT Communications ( GTT), up 5.1%, ARC Group Worldwide ( ARCW), up 4.4%, A10 Networks ( ATEN), up 4.1% and Sierra Wireless ( SWIR), up 3.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full CenturyLink Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.