Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. General Motors ( GM) pushed the Automotive industry higher today making it today's featured automotive winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, General Motors rose $0.62 (1.9%) to $32.55 on light volume. Throughout the day, 18,541,614 shares of General Motors exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 28,116,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $32.15-$32.88 after having opened the day at $32.29 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $31.93. Other companies within the Automotive industry that increased today were: Supreme Industries ( STS), up 4.2%, Monro Muffler Brake ( MNRO), up 3.1%, Arctic Cat ( ACAT), up 2.7% and Stoneridge ( SRI), up 2.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full General Motors Ratings Report.
- Use our automotive section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.