At the WVEC Conference and Competition, participating women will:
- Learn growth strategies from nationally renowned small business experts.
- Meet women who have built their ideas into million-dollar successes through Count Me In programs, and who will offer advice and insights on how to think like a CEO, position a business for success, improve work-life balance, and more.
- Pitch their businesses for a chance to join Count Me In’s celebrated Business Accelerator Program.
- Connect with motivated women veteran entrepreneurs from across the country in a variety of business sectors – new clients, vendors and peers.
- Fiona Macauley, Founder-CEO, Making Cents International
- Gina Stern, CEO, dParture Spa
- Maureen Borzacchielo, CEO, Creative Display Solutions
- Keynote: Michele S. Jones, Command Sergeant Major (Ret.) U.S. Army and WVEC 3Outreach Coordinator
- Celia Edwards Karam, Washington DC Market President, Capital One Bank
- Angela Cody Rouget, Major Mom
- Alicia Marie, Managing Director, PeopleBiz Inc.
Capital One’s partnership with Count Me In is aligned with its commitment to helping aspiring entrepreneurs and small businesses of every size grow and thrive – whether it’s directly through their products and services, or through innovative partnerships and programs like WVEC that provide tailored business training, mentoring, and other professional support and resources.About Count Me In for Women’s Economic Independence Count Me In is the leading not-for-profit provider of business education and resources for women interested in growing their micro-businesses into million-dollar enterprises. Founded in 1999, the organization inspires and instructs thousands of women business owners online, at live events, and through peers, coaches and experts to significantly increase revenues and create new jobs. CMI has developed a reputation nationally and internationally for accelerating business growth and positioning women in the forefront of global economic recovery. For more information on Count Me In programs and resources visit www.countmein.org. About Capital One Capital One Financial Corporation, headquartered in McLean, Virginia, is a Fortune 500 company with more than 900 branch locations primarily in New York, New Jersey, Texas, Louisiana, Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia. Its subsidiaries, which include Capital One, N.A., and Capital One Bank (USA), N. A., offer a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. Capital One applies the same principles of innovation, collaboration and empowerment in our commitment to our communities across the country that we do in our business. Capital One recognizes that helping to build strong and healthy communities – good places to work, good places to do business and good places to raise families – benefits us all and Capital One is proud to support this and other community initiatives.