Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Ametek ( AME) pushed the Electronics industry higher today making it today's featured electronics winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.6%. By the end of trading, Ametek rose $0.62 (1.2%) to $50.32 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,607,096 shares of Ametek exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 891,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $49.50-$50.60 after having opened the day at $49.58 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $49.70. Other companies within the Electronics industry that increased today were: Aetrium Incorporated ( ATRM), up 13.0%, China BAK Battery ( CBAK), up 4.1%, Rambus ( RMBS), up 3.8% and Plug Power ( PLUG), up 3.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Ametek Ratings Report.
- Use our electronics section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.