- ALTR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $95.2 million.
- ALTR is down 4.2% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ALTR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ALTR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ALTR: Altera Corporation, a semiconductor company, designs, manufactures, and sells programmable logic devices (PLD), HardCopy application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC) devices, power system-on-chip devices (PowerSoCs), pre-defined design building blocks, and proprietary development software. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.7%. ALTR has a PE ratio of 26.4. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Altera a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Altera has been 3.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Altera has a market cap of $11.0 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. Shares are up 8.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Altera as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, increase in stock price during the past year and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 5.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $130.76 million or 3.19% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -9.59%.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.42, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 4.94 is very high and demonstrates very strong liquidity.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The gross profit margin for ALTERA CORP is currently very high, coming in at 70.81%. Regardless of ALTR's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, ALTR's net profit margin of 21.77% compares favorably to the industry average.
- You can view the full Altera Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.