Attracting and retaining young and mobile consumers is a highly competitive environment, particularly for financial institutions. FIS™ (NYSE: FIS), the world’s largest provider of banking and payments technology, today announced a new solution that allows banks and credit unions to compete effectively with alternative financial services. While often currently overlooked, young, mobile and entrepreneurial customers provide a large and growing market, as well as the opportunity to build long-term banking relationships as Generations X and Y become the main earners in the U.S. economy. FIS GenNOW™ Financial Services allows financial institutions to capitalize on these customers by providing real-time access to funds via mobile or prepaid cards. GenNOW customers can easily track their spending and manage their finances on the go, as well as:
- Load money to their prepaid cards through a mobile app and have immediate access to their funds
- Make expedited bill payments using a mobile app and avoid late payment charges
- Track spending and balances with personal financial management tools and alerts
- Get rewards for usage and meeting budget and savings goals
- Receive real-time notifications of offers reflective of their buying habits and interests
Other unknown or unpredictable factors also could have a material adverse effect on our business, financial condition, results of operations and prospects. Accordingly, readers should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are inherently subject to uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult to predict. Except as required by applicable law or regulation, we do not undertake (and expressly disclaim) any obligation and do not intend to publicly update or review any of these forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.