Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. FirstEnergy ( FE) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, FirstEnergy fell $0.46 (-1.3%) to $33.75 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,813,019 shares of FirstEnergy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,769,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $33.45-$34.28 after having opened the day at $34.28 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $34.21. Other companies within the Utilities sector that declined today were: Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras ( EBR), down 6.0%, Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras ( EBR.B), down 5.4%, Energy Company of Parana ( ELP), down 2.7% and Energy Company of Minas Gerais ( CIG), down 2.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full FirstEnergy Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.