Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Frontier Communications ( FTR) pushed the Telecommunications industry lower today making it today's featured Telecommunications laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, Frontier Communications fell $0.06 (-1.1%) to $5.49 on light volume. Throughout the day, 7,625,747 shares of Frontier Communications exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 11,245,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $5.49-$5.60 after having opened the day at $5.56 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $5.55. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that declined today were: Alaska Communications Systems Group ( ALSK), down 3.1%, Turkcell Iletisim Hizmetleri AS ( TKC), down 2.9%, Telekomunikasi Indonesia (Persero) Tbk ( TLK), down 2.4% and Vonage Holdings Corporation ( VG), down 2.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Frontier Communications Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.