Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Gap ( GPS) pushed the Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Retail laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, Gap fell $0.76 (-1.9%) to $39.98 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 8,235,359 shares of Gap exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,378,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $39.82-$40.78 after having opened the day at $40.67 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $40.74. Other companies within the Retail industry that declined today were: Haverty Furniture Companies ( HVT), down 7.5%, Haverty Furniture Companies ( HVT.A), down 6.6%, Sears Holdings Corporation ( SHLD), down 2.8% and Chico's FAS ( CHS), down 2.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Gap Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.