Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Transocean ( RIG) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.0%. By the end of trading, Transocean fell $1.14 (-2.7%) to $40.89 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6,490,585 shares of Transocean exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,511,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $40.71-$42.52 after having opened the day at $42.52 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $42.03. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: James River Coal Company ( JRCC), down 12.9%, North American Palladium ( PAL), down 12.3%, Alpha Natural Resources ( ANR), down 6.3% and Walter Energy ( WLT), down 6.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Transocean Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.