Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Monster Beverage ( MNST) pushed the Food & Beverage industry higher today making it today's featured food & beverage winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Monster Beverage rose $3.04 (4.6%) to $68.89 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,016,684 shares of Monster Beverage exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,461,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $65.83-$69.08 after having opened the day at $66.22 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $65.85. Other companies within the Food & Beverage industry that increased today were: Origin Agritech ( SEED), up 7.5%, Griffin Land & Nurseries ( GRIF), up 4.5%, Tofutti Brands ( TOF), up 4.4% and China New Borun Corporation ( BORN), up 3.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Monster Beverage Ratings Report.
- Use our food & beverage section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.