Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. American Express ( AXP) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, American Express rose $2.23 (2.6%) to $88.72 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,528,817 shares of American Express exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,123,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $86.64-$88.72 after having opened the day at $86.90 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $86.49. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: American Spectrum Realty ( AQQ), up 14.2%, Desarrolladora Homex SAB de CV ADR ( HXM), up 10.7%, Mackinac Financial Corporation ( MFNC), up 9.6% and Transcontinental Realty Investors ( TCI), up 8.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full American Express Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.