Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Chevron ( CVX) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Chevron rose $1.30 (1.1%) to $119.10 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5,235,358 shares of Chevron exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,654,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $117.59-$119.25 after having opened the day at $117.83 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $117.80. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: Athlon Energy ( ATHL), up 13.1%, New Concept Energy ( GBR), up 12.4%, Dejour Energy ( DEJ), up 11.0% and Recon Technology ( RCON), up 10.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Chevron Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.