Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. United Continental Holdings ( UAL) pushed the Transportation industry lower today making it today's featured Transportation laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, United Continental Holdings fell $1.04 (-2.3%) to $43.31 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6,319,459 shares of United Continental Holdings exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,502,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $42.77-$44.69 after having opened the day at $44.23 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $44.35. Other companies within the Transportation industry that declined today were: Newlead Holdings ( NEWL), down 17.8%, Nordic American Tankers ( NAT), down 10.2%, Controladora Vuela Compania de Aviacion SAB ( VLRS), down 4.4% and UTi Worldwide ( UTIW), down 3.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full United Continental Holdings Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.