Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. AbbVie ( ABBV) pushed the Health Care sector lower today making it today's featured Health Care laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, AbbVie fell $1.52 (-3.0%) to $49.10 on average volume. Throughout the day, 8,149,188 shares of AbbVie exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,698,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $48.93-$50.87 after having opened the day at $50.35 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $50.62. Other companies within the Health Care sector that declined today were: Ohr Pharmaceutical ( OHRP), down 18.2%, Sorrento Therapeutics ( SRNE), down 16.5%, Spectranetics Corporation ( SPNC), down 11.9% and Galmed Pharmaceuticals ( GLMD), down 9.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full AbbVie Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.