Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Facebook ( FB) pushed the Internet industry higher today making it today's featured internet winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.9%. By the end of trading, Facebook rose $1.24 (2.2%) to $58.19 on average volume. Throughout the day, 78,464,780 shares of Facebook exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 62,341,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $57.17-$58.71 after having opened the day at $57.68 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $56.95. Other companies within the Internet industry that increased today were: 58.com ( WUBA), up 14.9%, Vipshop Holdings ( VIPS), up 11.1%, Bitauto Holdings ( BITA), up 8.6% and SouFun Holdings ( SFUN), up 8.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Facebook Ratings Report.
- Use our internet section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.