Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Aflac ( AFL) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Aflac rose $0.63 (1.0%) to $62.35 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,799,647 shares of Aflac exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,966,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $61.19-$62.52 after having opened the day at $61.44 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $61.72. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: MGIC Investment Corporation ( MTG), up 4.9%, Crawford & Company ( CRD.B), up 3.8%, State Auto Financial Corporation ( STFC), up 3.1% and Universal Insurance Holdings ( UVE), up 3.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Aflac Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.