Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Nike ( NKE) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Nike rose $2.09 (3.0%) to $72.92 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 6,254,585 shares of Nike exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,014,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $71.90-$73.11 after having opened the day at $72.22 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $70.83. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Coffee Holding Company ( JVA), up 9.6%, Coldwater Creek ( CWTR), up 7.5%, Myers Industries ( MYE), up 7.1% and S&W Seed Company ( SANW), up 6.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Nike Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.