Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Buckeye Partners L.P ( BPL) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Buckeye Partners L.P as such a stock due to the following factors:
- BPL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $21.9 million.
- BPL has traded 71,003 shares today.
- BPL is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BPL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BPL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BPL: Buckeye Partners, L.P. owns and operates liquid petroleum products pipeline systems in the United States. The company operates through four segments: Pipelines & Terminals, Global Marine Terminals, Merchant Services, and Development & Logistics. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 5.9%. BPL has a PE ratio of 22.9. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Buckeye Partners L.P a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Buckeye Partners L.P has been 331,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Buckeye Partners L.P has a market cap of $8.8 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 0.66 and a short float of 2% with 6.74 days to cover. Shares are up 6.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Buckeye Partners L.P as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, reasonable valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 7.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 44.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 114.28% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 29.54% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- BUCKEYE PARTNERS LP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, BUCKEYE PARTNERS LP increased its bottom line by earning $3.23 versus $2.31 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.82 versus $3.23).
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $100.09 million or 6.88% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -23.34%.
- You can view the full Buckeye Partners L.P Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.