- HMC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $35.4 million.
- HMC traded 1.4 million shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:04 AM, representing 133.7% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HMC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HMC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HMC: Honda Motor Co., Ltd. engages in the manufacture and sale of motorcycles, automobiles, and power products. It operates through four segments: Motorcycle Business, Automobile Business, Financial Services Business, and Power Product and Other Businesses. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2%. HMC has a PE ratio of 9.9. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Honda Motor a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Honda Motor has been 588,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Honda has a market cap of $64.1 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and automotive industry. Shares are down 14.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Honda Motor as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- HMC's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 4.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- HONDA MOTOR CO LTD reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, HONDA MOTOR CO LTD increased its bottom line by earning $2.17 versus $1.41 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.34 versus $2.17).
- Even though the current debt-to-equity ratio is 1.04, it is still below the industry average, suggesting that this level of debt is acceptable within the Automobiles industry. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 0.84 is weak.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Automobiles industry and the overall market, HONDA MOTOR CO LTD's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Automobiles industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 120.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $617.47 million to $1,363.75 million.
- You can view the full Honda Motor Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.