Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Nordic American Tankers ( NAT) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Nordic American Tankers as such a stock due to the following factors:
- NAT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $9.3 million.
- NAT traded 120,650 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:55 AM, representing 11.1% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NAT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NAT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NAT: Nordic American Tankers Limited, a tanker company, engages in acquiring and chartering double-hull tankers. Its fleet consists of 20 double-hull Suezmax tankers. The company was founded in 1995 and is headquartered in Hamilton, Bermuda. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.7%. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Nordic American Tankers a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Nordic American Tankers has been 1.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Nordic American Tankers has a market cap of $735.3 million and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. Shares are up 1.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Nordic American Tankers as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, NORDIC AMERICAN TANKERS LTD's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$18.25 million or 180.70% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The gross profit margin for NORDIC AMERICAN TANKERS LTD is currently extremely low, coming in at 8.15%. Regardless of NAT's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, NAT's net profit margin of -33.75% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- In its most recent trading session, NAT has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, we do not believe this stock offers ample reward opportunity to compensate for the risks, despite the fact that it rose over the past year.
- NORDIC AMERICAN TANKERS LTD has improved earnings per share by 49.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, NORDIC AMERICAN TANKERS LTD reported poor results of -$1.67 versus -$1.38 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.46 versus -$1.67).
- You can view the full Nordic American Tankers Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.