- Plug and Play Set up - RISE technology significantly reduces the number of steps required to integrate NetScaler with the Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switch. The process is reduced from 45 steps with a generic ADC without RISE, to only nine steps when using NetScaler with RISE. As well as reducing set up time, RISE keeps the network configurations in sync so that ongoing maintenance and upgrades are greatly simplified, and risk from configuration errors is greatly reduced.
- Reduced Downtime - Real-time route updates between NetScaler and the Nexus 7000 Series Switch ensure fast recovery from service failures by up to 40 times. By enabling NetScaler to deliver route health updates to the Nexus 7000 Series Switch via RISE, customers can more easily deploy shared services within and across datacenters at a significantly reduced cost of operation and with greater availability than ever before.
- Ease of Monitoring - RISE integration brings greater visibility across the datacenter by eliminating the need to hide source IP addresses through full proxy ADC services. This ensures that NetScaler has more visibility into monitoring infrastructures across the datacenter and ensures tighter control of the environment.
- Integrated multi-tenancy support - RISE integration spans the multi-tenancy features of NetScaler and Nexus 7000 Series switches. Building on the advanced multi-tenancy capabilities of NetScaler SDX, this provides comprehensive flexibility in supporting private and public cloud scenarios, including the ability to set up Cisco Nexus VDCs and NetScaler instances in one-to-many, many-to-one, and a countless variety of many-to-many configurations.
QuotesChristine Holloway, Vice President, Converged Infrastructure Solutions, CDW “The move to cloud-based service models is driving customers to transform traditional datacenters into automated datacenters. We are helping our customers simplify their technology needs in order to make this switch. We’re pleased to see Cisco and Citrix working together to introduce products that move in this direction, and are eager to demonstrate these cost-saving technologies across our entire customer base.” Brad Casemore, Research Director, Datacenter Networks, IDC “Virtual network services are critical to enterprises adopting private and public cloud because those customers require an application-delivery infrastructure that is dynamic and responsive. It's essential for them to be able to manage multiple applications while maintaining flexibility and scalability. Citrix NetScaler, offered as a virtual-services blade for the Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switch, simplifies deployment and lowers cost of operation.“ Ram Appalaraju, Vice President, Products, DataCenter Group, Cisco “As the data center undergoes a fundamental transformation, driven by cloud, mobility and virtualization, Citrix and Cisco share a common vision of a flexible, scalable, secure network. Today’s release of NetScaler as a seamless of extension of Cisco Nexus 7000 through RISE further demonstrates our commitment to collaborate by unifying best-in-class technologies from each of the companies to accelerate the transformation to new network service delivery models in the mobile-cloud era.” Sunil Potti, Vice President and General Manager, NetScaler Product Group, Citrix "As networks transform into cloud architectures for secure and scalable mobile services delivery, intelligent automation becomes a core underpinning to ease deployment, enhance operational control and enable true network elasticity. Leveraging Cisco RISE technology in the Nexus 7000 series, best-in-class application delivery capabilities powered by Citrix NetScaler become an industry-first offering to be tightly coupled with the Nexus fabric - empowering public and private clouds to dramatically simplify networks and gain unparalleled agility.”
- Citrix: The Two Sides of Automation: Vendor-driven and DevOps
- Cisco: New Remote Integrated Services Engine (RISE) Enhances L4-7 Appliance Integration with Nexus 7000 Series
- Joint Video Blog: Interview with Citrix on the Benefits of NetScaler Integration with Nexus 7000 and RISE
- April 2, 2014: Expert Blog - Towards Standards-based Automation
- April 2, 2014: News Announcement - Cisco and Industry Leaders Will Deliver Open, Multi-Vendor, Standards-Based Networks for Application Centric Infrastructure with OpFlex Protocol
- January 27, 2014: Expert Blog - Get Your Hybrid Cloud in 2014 with Citrix and Cisco
- January 7, 2014: News Announcement - Citrix NetScaler Now a Vblock Ready Solution
- December 17, 2013: Expert Blog - Hybrid Clouds for Citrix and Cisco
- November 6, 2013: News Announcement - Technology Leaders Rally Behind Cisco's Application Centric Infrastructure
- June 20, 2013: News Announcement - Cisco Integrates Citrix NetScaler into Cloud Network Services Portfolio
Citrix, NetScaler, NetScaler SDX, NetScaler 1000V, XenDesktop, and CloudPlatform are trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc. and/or one or more of its subsidiaries, and may be registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in other countries. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are property of their respective owners.