Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Southwest Airlines ( LUV) pushed the Transportation industry lower today making it today's featured Transportation laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 2.0%. By the end of trading, Southwest Airlines fell $0.38 (-1.6%) to $23.43 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7,298,849 shares of Southwest Airlines exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8,132,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $23.27-$24.09 after having opened the day at $23.80 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $23.81. Other companies within the Transportation industry that declined today were: Danaos Corporation ( DAC), down 8.8%, Genco Shipping & Trading ( GNK), down 7.7%, Newlead Holdings ( NEWL), down 7.6% and Globus Maritime ( GLBS), down 6.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Southwest Airlines Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.