Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Home Depot ( HD) pushed the Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Retail laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 2.1%. By the end of trading, Home Depot fell $1.59 (-2.0%) to $77.13 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 11,109,339 shares of Home Depot exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,854,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $77.03-$78.69 after having opened the day at $78.69 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $78.72. Other companies within the Retail industry that declined today were: American Eagle Outfitters ( AEO), down 7.9%, Vipshop Holdings ( VIPS), down 7.2%, Sears Holdings Corporation ( SHLD), down 6.3% and Express ( EXPR), down 6.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Home Depot Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.