Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Alcoa ( AA) pushed the Metals & Mining industry lower today making it today's featured Metals & Mining laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.8%. By the end of trading, Alcoa fell $0.16 (-1.3%) to $12.47 on average volume. Throughout the day, 30,282,397 shares of Alcoa exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 29,204,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $12.36-$12.80 after having opened the day at $12.64 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $12.63. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that declined today were: North American Palladium ( PAL), down 15.8%, China Gengsheng Minerals ( CHGS), down 13.8%, Kingold Jewelry ( KGJI), down 13.5% and General Moly ( GMO), down 9.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Alcoa Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.