Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. ConocoPhillips ( COP) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.6%. By the end of trading, ConocoPhillips fell $0.74 (-1.1%) to $69.48 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5,237,413 shares of ConocoPhillips exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,478,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $69.33-$70.24 after having opened the day at $70.24 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $70.22. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: North American Palladium ( PAL), down 15.8%, China Gengsheng Minerals ( CHGS), down 13.8%, Kingold Jewelry ( KGJI), down 13.5% and General Moly ( GMO), down 9.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full ConocoPhillips Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.