Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Pepco Holdings ( POM) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Pepco Holdings rose $0.21 (1.0%) to $20.74 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,221,745 shares of Pepco Holdings exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,170,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $20.53-$20.92 after having opened the day at $20.55 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $20.53. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: U.S. Geothermal ( HTM), up 7.7%, Empresa Distribuidora y Comercializadora No ( EDN), up 7.4%, Energy Company of Minas Gerais ( CIG), up 3.3% and Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras ( EBR), up 3.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Pepco Holdings Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.