Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. RF Micro Devices ( RFMD) pushed the Technology sector higher today making it today's featured technology winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.7%. By the end of trading, RF Micro Devices rose $0.20 (2.6%) to $7.70 on average volume. Throughout the day, 10,606,563 shares of RF Micro Devices exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10,665,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $7.41-$7.76 after having opened the day at $7.47 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $7.50. Other companies within the Technology sector that increased today were: Vocus ( VOCS), up 47.1%, UBIC ( UBIC), up 19.7%, Pixelworks ( PXLW), up 8.9% and Nam Tai Electronics ( NTE), up 6.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full RF Micro Devices Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.