Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Sanofi ( SNY) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.6%. By the end of trading, Sanofi rose $0.59 (1.1%) to $51.82 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3,259,439 shares of Sanofi exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,804,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $51.28-$51.93 after having opened the day at $51.89 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $51.23. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: Agios Pharmaceuticals ( AGIO), up 27.8%, Questcor Pharmaceuticals ( QCOR), up 18.7%, Idenix Pharmaceuticals ( IDIX), up 12.4% and Flamel Technologies ( FLML), up 8.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Sanofi Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.