Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. PepsiCo ( PEP) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.3%. By the end of trading, PepsiCo rose $1.32 (1.6%) to $83.91 on average volume. Throughout the day, 8,826,518 shares of PepsiCo exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,990,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $82.30-$84.23 after having opened the day at $82.37 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $82.59. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Cresud ( CRESY), up 10.7%, Supreme Industries ( STS), up 8.0%, B&G Foods ( BGS), up 6.0% and Tredegar Corporation ( TG), up 4.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full PepsiCo Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.